Last updated: December 1, 2016
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Vittoria may collect and how we may use it.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
- When you create a Vittoria account, register your products, purchase a product through the Services, register for a class at a Vittoria retail store, subscribe to a newsletter, participate in an online survey, contact us or otherwise interact with us, we may collect information from you, such as your name, username, password, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and other information you choose to provide.
- Please note that we do not collect, process or store payment information (such as your credit or debit card information), but instead work with a third party to process payments for our products and services that you purchase through our Services.
- When you share content with family and friends using our Services, send gift certificates or products, or invite others to join you on Vittoria forums, Vittoria may collect the information you provide about those people such as their name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
- The personal information we collect allows us to communicate with you about the Services, to provide and deliver the products and services you request or purchase through the Services, to respond to your comments and questions, to provide customer service, to communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions and events we think may be of interest to you and to keep you posted on Vittoria’s latest product announcements, news and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out of receiving these communications anytime by updating your preferences through the Services.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, maintain and improve our Services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Vittoria, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Vittoria’s Services, products, content, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs and process and deliver entries and rewards.
- We also may use personal information that you provide to carry out any other purposes described to you at the time the information is collected.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where the Services or a Vittoria product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our Services, products, content, and advertising.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you want to disable cookies in your browser, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that certain features and functionalities of the Vittoria Services may not be available if you choose to remove or reject.
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this type of information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the Services, to learn about user behavior on the Services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Vittoria may use this information to provide, maintain and improve the Services and in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on our Services. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in any of our email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Vittoria may make certain information about you available to our vendors, consultants, strategic partners and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf. In addition, Vittoria may disclose information about you to our Vittoria retail stores; in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process; if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Vittoria or others; in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; between and among Vittoria and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and with your consent or at your direction.
Vittoria takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
When you use some Vittoria products, services, or applications or post on a Vittoria forum, chat room, or social networking service, the information you share may be visible and accessible to other users. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Information
To provide location-based services on our Services, Vittoria and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share location data, including the real-time geographic location of your Vittoria computer or device. This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by Vittoria to provide and improve location-based products and services.
Third-Party Sites and Services
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button) offered by third parties, which may allow you to share actions you take on the Services with other media. The Services also may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Your use of any third-party social sharing features and/or other integrated tools and your interactions with third-party websites, products, and services will be governed by the privacy policies of such third parties. We encourage you review the privacy policies of such third parties to learn more about their information and privacy practices.
By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
All such communications are examined and replies issued where appropriate as soon as possible. If you are unsatisfied with the reply received, you may refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction. If you ask us, we will endeavor to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.
Vittoria North America Industries inc. - 285 Summer Street, Suite 101 - Boston, MA 02210